Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just Thinking About Kids



When dave was 2 he climbed up on the cupboard and got out the dishes he thought he needed, eggs and milk from the frig and "mixed" pancakes. My girls cut each other's hair. Dave got out of the bath one day when my back was turned, went out naked and was almost all the way to the firestation before neighbors brought him back. It finally got so that I simply prayed him back home and made him feel guilty because I was scared and worried about him.

All of us have stories. The kind we chuckle over now that scared us half to death when they happened. So with limited experience I might suggest that she is bored. She is not being challenged by what she does or plays with, is it possible she is gifted or the things you think she can do are too easy for her. Begin increasing her responsibility. An ancient article from the Reader's Digest I read said by increasing responsibility for a child before they are ready you give them safe power. Just make sure you are'nt really worried about how clean the floor, bathroom, dishes are, or go and reclean what needs to be done when they are not looking.

I found found that children love to think they are the saving - service person for mom. Let her help deliver your newspapers, vacuum the floor, empty the dish washer a couple of years before you would normally think of doing it. Children are coming so much smarter, so much more active, at times I don't think we give them credit for the advanced spirits they have. I had to find things my children could do to stretch them so they stayed out of trouble: Dave got cub scouts and Penny was jealous, I bought a $600. piano and gave her piano lessons. Amy was ADHD so we got her into a theater production when she was your daughter's age and with rehersals, and performances she was settled for about three months after the play was over. Then we had to find something else, sewing lessons, brownies, girl scouts, 4 H are just some of the things including all the instrument music lessons, monthly payments, flute, violin, cello, trumpet, trombone, and tuba. And none of them kept with it long enough to play well.

I think mothers should get merit badges for just keeping up with the Saturday's Warriors we are trying to raise until they can go out and beat the fuzz out of the unsuspecting world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home