Thursday, July 06, 2006

Neat Experience

Just talked to a mother who was trying to register her son for classes. He is in South America she works at Weber State College. Oh, the turmoil of long distance details. His transcript arrived but wasn't posted yet. Overrides were needed to get him in to this courses, and then there was the time constraint. She would be leaving shortly to teach at a college in Turkey, and her husband was on his way to Afgahnistan, two sons were out of the country on missions, and her baby grandaughter said, "But, grandma, it's so far away."

Me, I was excited. What an opportunity. What memories they would have as a family. How exciting, I bubbled and then felt bad because I was intruding my feelings on her experience. But, she welcomed them. She was sooo glad to hear my affirmations that she should go, that trusting in the Lord, with faith and prayers, everything would be all right. Then I restated the, should you labor all the days of your life and bring . . . I told her about my father's philosophy that God needed "shock troups" that He could send wherever He needed them to touch lives that were ready to hear. I felt the spirit so strongly. She was grateful that we had talked.

And I, once more, followed the prompting and could get fired because I talked about religious things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home